- Functional Threshold Power (FTP) Testing (Bike)
- VDOT Testing with Training Zones (Swim or Run)
- Lactate Testing
- 16 week Mental Toughness Program
- Race Consultation (strategy, nutrition, course and pacing)
- Post race analysis of pace execution and performance (includes WKO+ review of power and run split files)
- 90 minute session includes setup, warmup, FTP test and cool down
- Output from Test
- Training Zones based on Power and/or HR are determined with definition of training zones and purpose for each zone
- CompuTrainer Report summarizing test results
- SpinScan numbers to show deficiencies in pedal stroke with a set of recommended drills/workouts to improve pedaling efficiency
- WKO+ software Power Testing analysis and feedback
- Other recommendations for optimizing your performance on the Bike including workouts, drills and exercises for limiters, referrals for bike fit as needed
Why Perform an FTP (Functional Threshold Power) test?
- Performance Testing is an effective way to indirectly assess metabolic responses.
- Determining ones FTP will allow us to establish appropriate training zones for different types of workouts.
- The simplest way to track training progress on the bike is by performing a Time Trial on the CompuTrainer™ which can indirectly assess how the body handles lactate production by measuring one’s performance during the time trial.
- Achieving the desired outcomes with a CompuTrainer™ Time Trial test, like any other test, begins before testing starts. In order to have successful data interpretation, the test and conditions need to be consistent and repeatable. Variables to keep constant are time of test, distance, gearing, equipment, temperature, humidity, nutrition, sleep, rest and training status.
- By measuring and monitoring your Heart Rate, Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE), Watts and Total Time for completion of the distance one will be able to measure performance gains or losses from time to time.
- 1-hour session, including warmup, test and cool-down monitored by a coach
- Does not require expensive laboratory equipment
- Measures current fitness level, motivation and willingness to suffer
- Based on Daniel’s Running Formula
- Why do a VDOT test?
- VDOT testing is used to measure current fitness level for running in a race like situation
- Used to establish training paces for run workouts
- Takes the guess work out of training and avoids over-training
- Re-testing is encourage every 4-6 weeks throughout the season to ensure proper training zones are used
- 1-hour session with the coach testing blood lactate during running or cycling
- Establishes HR/Power training zones based on the Lactate Threshold
- Why do blood lactate testing?
- Blood lactate is a unique metabolic variable that indicates the capability of the muscles for an athletic performance.
- It measures the efficiency of both the aerboic and anaerobic systems to determine current fitness levels of each.
- A 16-week mental toughness program that includes weekly exercises to improve mental focus during the heat of competition
- Mental toughness training is the 4th discipline in triathlon and endurance racing. Being mentally prepared will help you handle the unexpected smoothly.
- Tips and tricks for getting out of the mid-race rut in order to stay mentally focused with the eye on the prize.